2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cup pecan or walnut pieces (optional)
1/4 cup real butter
2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 275. Line a 9 inch cheesecake pan with foil. Cut and trim so that cake can be removed easily for cutting. Spray foil lined pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place vanilla wafer crumbs and nuts in food processor to make course crumbs. Add melted butter and process for 10 seconds to combine.
- Press vanilla wafer crust into pan base and bake on center oven rack for 12 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar. Blend well then add eggs, cream, sour cream and vanilla to cheese mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake batter into prepared cheesecake pan and bake on center oven rack for 60 minutes (center will jiggle). Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven one more hour. Remove from oven and cool, double cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Before serving, thaw and cut into 16 slices.